Wednesday, November 16, 2011
Written by Rich Miller, talent network news staff
Welcome to the second helping of our new weekly column titled 'Rich and Almost Famous' by new staff writer Rich Miller. His column is a mixed bag of creative opinions on all that is entertainment and sports. You can follow Rich on Facebook and Twitter @RMillerTime24.
'Rich and Almost Famous' by Rich Miller
* It seems as if Justin Bieber has some game with the ladies, so I have found it hard to believe he hooked up with one of the girls from 16 and Pregnant. Have you seen Selena Gomez? Bieber’s attorney Howard Weitzman (Jewish name so has to be good) has confirmed Bieber will be taking a DNA test very soon to clear his name. Assuming Bieber is cleared: Weitzman intends to seal the deal by suing the pants off of the self-proclaimed Bieber baby mama for the bad publicity. Maury? http://youtu.be/jzX1nxpnKZ4
* Blue Slide Park is now the #1 album in the country. You’re welcome Mac. http://www.theboombox.com/2011/11/10/mac-miller-may-be-first-indie-rapper-to-hit-no-1-in-16-years/
* Unfortunately people cheat, the cheated upon typically will find out, subsequently so does everyone on Facebook. Kat Von D decided a small novel was easier than 19 status updates: https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150394420646162
* I’m not the only one who hates Twilight, so does one of the stars: http://www.stuff.co.nz/auckland/blogs/procrastinator/5957444/Why-Robert-Pattinson-hates-Twilight
*I was so close to calling the Houston Texans the best team in the AFC, but then Matt Schaub broke his foot and is now out for the year. At this point, a rematch of Pittsburgh and Green Bay in the Super Bowl is a realistic possibility. Pittsburgh has shown they have the offensive formula to beat New England, plus have a much better defense. Home field advantage could be the key to this match up however. And despite the two wins I feel they are still a better overall team than Baltimore, and would beat the inconsistent Ravens in the playoffs. Cincinnati and the Jets could be threats, but really who else is left from the AFC? Green Bay is practically a given, they are seriously that good, even in a superior NFC.
* Rick Perry, mind freak: http://youtu.be/cmi_p1iLs3g
* Friends don’t let friends be epic fails: http://youtu.be/L-Rpl710oEg. And if you’re friend is missing they’re probably just playing Call of Duty.
* I was stunned to learn Bob Costas would be interviewing Jerry Sandusky on NBC’s Rock Center, apparently so was Costas, learning of the interview only 15 minutes before they spoke. To what purpose Sandusky and his defense team agreed to do this completely defies all conventional logic, yet I digress. Costas masterfully grilled Sandusky repeatedly with remarkably blunt questions. Sandusky admitted to at the very least being an alarmingly creepy old man, yet maintained innocence telling Costas he was not a pedophile. It took him seventeen seconds to say, “I am not sexually attracted to young boys”; in my book that’s sixteen and a half seconds too long. Eight alleged victims have come forward, with more rumored to have spoken with police. The evidence is mounting against Sandusky.
Follow talent network
talent network Twitter
talent network Facebook
talent network YouTube Channel
Party Planning, Entertainment Ideas Contact talent network, inc.