Entertainment news from talent network, inc. entertainment booking agency.

February, 08, 2012

WE HAVE MOVED!

Hello Friends we have moved this entertainment blog over to
http://TalentNetworkNews.com


This is the archives and will remain alive for archived reading.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

American Idol Judge Kara DioGuardi -Cancer Awareness Song "My Bra"


January132009
From Reuters/Billboard
By Gail Mitchell

---

Lifetime lending support with "My Bra" campaign

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Lifetime Television has commissioned a theme song for its campaign tie-in with National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

"My Bra" -- slang in the breast cancer community for the word "friend" -- was written by Kara DioGuardi (Christina Aguilera, Gwen Stefani) and James Poyser (Common, Lauryn Hill). R&B singer Mya recorded "My Bra," which will be featured throughout the cable network's 13th annual Stop Breast Cancer for Life advocacy campaign.

DioGuardi, whose mother died of ovarian cancer in 1997, says she was initially taken aback by the term "my bra."

"But after it was explained, I understood. The urban sensibility of James' track underscores the term and has a bittersweetness to it, an emotion most experience when dealing with cancer. It was an experience very close to me. I literally wrote the song in five minutes."

American idol Judge Kara DioGuardi
Mya performed "My Bra" October 16 when Lifetime hosted its annual Heroes reception in Los Angeles. The tune was also be featured in Lifetime's campaign centerpiece, the original Movie "Matters of Life & Dating," which premiered October 22. Ricki Lake and Holly Robinson Peete star as cancer survivors.

Online retailer iTunes began offering downloads of "My Bra" for 99 cents along with a sneak peek of "Matters of Life & Dating." iTunes will cross-promote the song and movie throughout October -- National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. In turn, Mya's Universal Motown label will simultaneously promote the song and movie.

Kara DioGuardi Sings "My Bra" (Cancer Awareness song)




No comments: